• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

ID please

AmirA

5 Year Member
I would like to know what species these guys are. I don't even know if these are male or female. And I don't know if they both are the same species.
The only information I have is that the are wildcaught and have spawned twice. But I don't know if the eggs were hatched. These are at least 1 year old but not older than 2 years.
received_1077548918925149.jpeg
received_1077548922258482.jpeg

gerald

5 Year Member
The less yellow one I'm gonna guess might be A. hongsloi - not sure on sex. The yellower one is certainly female, but might be a different species.

AmirA

5 Year Member
Thanks guys for your help :) I will post more pictures when they arrive in a couple of days!

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
These look much like the holotype form of A. hongsloi to me. Life colors of the type material, according to the original description, show no red color at all.

AmirA

5 Year Member
I will take your opinion as facts, Mike :) Good enough for me.
How about these two? Upper one male A.Hongsloi and lower one female A.Hongsloi?
received_1080230491990325.jpeg

AmirA

5 Year Member
Many thanks :)
I'm new on apistos. I'm about to buy my first apistos soon. What do you think about the individualls on the pictures that I have shown? Do they look good or bad?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AND

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….