• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

ID help

Nick123

Hi, came across these little guys at a LFS. They were listed as apostogramma guaviare. I’ve heard of but never seen the species before so I wanted to check here
IMG_5984.jpeg
IMG_5988.jpeg
IMG_5984.jpeg
IMG_5987.jpeg
IMG_5983.jpeg
IMG_5984.jpeg
IMG_5982.jpeg
IMG_5977.jpeg
IMG_5975.jpeg

Frank Hättich

5 Year Member
I don't agree with Mike here. To me they look 100% like A. sp. "Alto Vaupes II" (D50), a mouthbrooding species from the D10-group. I'm sure that they are simply labeled wrongly by the LFS.

Nick123

I don't agree with Mike here. To me they look 100% like A. sp. "Alto Vaupes II" (D50), a mouthbrooding species from the D10-group. I'm sure that they are simply labeled wrongly by the LFS.
I was thinking they looked a lot like A. sp. D50. That is a larger growing species right?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….