• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

how many fish

apisto_shores

5 Year Member
I have a 125 gal tank that is heavily planted. How many more fish can
I add. I already have 2 panduro(1m/1f), 5 cacatuoides(2m/3f) and
1 borelli male. Oh also have 6 cardinal tetra and 4 white clouds. I'm
looking to add another pair of panduro, would this be advisable?

cootwarm

5 Year Member
Hi apisto_shores,

What is the dimensions of your tank? Must be 6' long x 2' wide?
If it's a tall tank, you could probably add a school of hatchetfish as they hang out near the surface. If you aren't concerned about apisto fry being eaten, you could probably increase your school of cardinals or white clouds.

I think another pair of panduro would be worth a try, just keep a close eye on them for a spell. Probably, it mostly depends on how well the panduros get along with each other. From what I've read, they are harder on their own kind than they are to other species.

The cacs shouldn't be a problem. I don't think any of them will bother the lone male borellii (he certainly won't bother them). These species are unrelated enough that they shouldn't cross breed and even the females can be easily identified. You might even be able to tell the cac and panduro fry apart at a fairly young age.

Michael

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….