• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi from South Africa

Schalk

Hello from South Africa!

I have been keeping fish for a few years but I am more into plants than the fish, however I have always loved dwarf cichlids!

I only have one 2ft tank at the moment as I am moving soon I have taken down all my tank(Had 13 at a stage). When the move is done in a months time I'm building for breeding cubes(50L x 40 x 40H). This will house a new pair of German Blue Rams and I still need to decide what to put in the other three cubes. I can get nice quality double red A. Agazzissi's from a local breeder and have kept them before so might just get a pair of them again.

Anyhow thanks for the awesome forum and all the info available on here!

Schalk van der Merwe

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
5 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the forum!
Can't wait to see photos of your build once you get started!

Schalk

Hi Schalk.
Welcome. Nice name, originally from Netherlands?

Nope but our native languages are verry similar. we speak afrikaans here and share alot of words with your language and it seems we share alot of names aswell. My surname is Van Der Merwe. Believe the family name is from there aswell from MANY generations back.

henkh

5 Year Member
Indeed i ment your surname. That's real dutch. In fact, afrikaans contains a lot of real old dutch words which we have lost during time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meghanbe

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….