• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

here are some pictures of my ivanacara adoketas and also my laetacara buckelkof

sitra88

the first two are my ivanacaras the third and forth one is the laetacaras
IMG_2158.jpg
IMG_2159.jpg
IMG_2088.jpg
IMG_0798.jpg

magpie

I have some of the Laetacara Araguaiae "Buckelkopf" too - I think they're great little fish. What are yours like in personality?

Mine are very inquisitive and seem to use the entire tank, not just the bottom. They always want to know what I'm doing (i.e. - are you going to feed me?) They will eat anything I put in the tank, and also are amazing snail hunters. They are relatively peaceful - the male will chase the female away at feeding time, but will defer / submit to the male Apisto. The female doesn't bother anyone. Neither bother any other non-cichlid in the tank. They just spawned and are chasing the Apisto more, however still not aggressive (crossing fingers). They will only chase other fish when they come near the leaf that the eggs are on.

You don't read nearly as much about the Araguaie, so I'd love to hear about yours. :) Also, what water parameters do you have yours in. Do you do any live plants?

sasikan

not sure you are talking to me but here goes, my Laraguaiae are always hungry i can feed them every time i pass by the tank and they want more. the mom and dad cant stand each other, they are at each end of a 40 gallon tank ( i am still not sure how they manage to have all these babys (about 200 with the parents) i have 2 batches now 400 babys !!! ph6.5 temp 78f i change 25 per cent water 2 times a week (lots of fish in there) there are also some catfish the parents did push them away when they were raising the fry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….