• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

HELP!!! Looking for a reference to a site about central air

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
:?
I used to have bookmarked a link to a site maintained by a hobbyist who is well known for his photographs... I just cannot remmebr his name, nor where his site is at. Specifically, I am trying to get to an article he wrote about running small pvc air systems with air pumps rahter than large blowers.

If anyone thinks they know the reference I am looking for, please help me out....

If anyone is currently using air pumps instead of a blower to run a small rack of tanks, please tell us about it.

Cichlids1

5 Year Member
I was using 6 Whisper air pumps to run a PVC piped sponge filter system on 12 10g tanks. Worked well, but was getting a little weak as I was moving more tanks to sponge filters. Basically set up the same as the guys using blowers for large fishrooms, except I had an extra pipe that had small holes with small sections of rigid airline tubing siliconed in. Then, I ran flexible tubing from the air pumps to the rigid tubing. Nothing too complex and made from spare pumps and parts I had laying around. I have since upgraded to an Alita diaphram pump. No where near as noisy as a blower. About as loud as the 6 Whisper pumps running together, and much more capacity to add more tanks if I can sneak them into the house :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhays79

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….