• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello!

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
Looks really good. I like a few plants (even if they aren't totally correct for the biotope) as they make maintenance of water quality easier. Both plants you have are certainly found in the Amazon basin.

The tanks in the thread and photo aren't mine, but belong to Ruki (Lukasz) a Polish member of this forum, and as you can see they are both like yours and he keeps some fantastic fish in them.
<http://forum.apistogramma.com/showthread.php?t=9042>

inin.jpg

cheers Darrel

ZliBrka

5 Year Member
Hi all,
Looks really good. I like a few plants (even if they aren't totally correct for the biotope) as they make maintenance of water quality easier. Both plants you have are certainly found in the Amazon basin.

The tanks in the thread and photo aren't mine, but belong to Ruki (Lukasz) a Polish member of this forum, and as you can see they are both like yours and he keeps some fantastic fish in them.
<http://forum.apistogramma.com/showthread.php?t=9042>

inin.jpg

cheers Darrel

Thanks Darrel!

I just wanted to add some amazona plants - but only ones I could get my hands on were Pistia and Echinodorus.
What kind of plants would be your recomendation (included floating ones)?

Thank you for link to Ruki aquarium - it is amazing!
What is that floating plant in his tank?

Ruki

5 Year Member
Nice to hear, that you like my tank. :biggrin:
This plant is Limnobium laevigatum. And it's a plant from amazonia, so it's fit to biotop.
P.S.
To all fans of my tank.
Unfortunatelly now it's closed project. I had to make everything from begging in this tank(first was my health problems, second a malfunction of desk where tank was standing). And now I don't have any driftwood to make something similliar :confused: .

ZliBrka

5 Year Member
Nice to hear, that you like my tank. :biggrin:
This plant is Limnobium laevigatum. And it's a plant from amazonia, so it's fit to biotop.
P.S.
To all fans of my tank.
Unfortunatelly now it's closed project. I had to make everything from begging in this tank(first was my health problems, second a malfunction of desk where tank was standing). And now I don't have any driftwood to make something similliar :confused: .

I just found it (Limnobium laevigatum).
I am very sorry to hear about your tank, but I belive that most important thing is that you are OK. I am sure that new tank would be even better!
Now, when fall is coming there would be lot of driftwood in the nature - I am also counting on it.

Ruki

5 Year Member
Unfortunately A. sp. "Breitbinden" was my loss and I wasn't able to spawn them. :frown: And now they're not available in my country(two friends have fry, so maybe after few months I'll buy them).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….