• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello, Newcomer to Apistos

otto-

5 Year Member
EDIT: Seem to be having trouble with comcast, and pics aren't showing up. May have to switch to PB or something if this keeps up. Sorry.

Hello All,
Decided to introduce myself as a newcomer to Apistos. I kept fish years ago (mostly brackish and salt), but gave up the hobby about 8 years ago during a less sedentary portion of my life. Last year my daughter was begging for a pet fish, and would have been happy with a Betta in a bowl. Now I have 4 tanks running again. I decided to try freshwater this time. Sure is alot more work.
Here's some pics of three tanks I'm working on right now (the fourth is for babies) and my apologies for the quality. Bad Camera, bad photographer.

55g Bigger Fish, South Americanish:
55sm.JPG

CLick Here For A Bigger Pic

This was my first return-effort. It really looked nice once upon a time, but as my once tiny Severums and Convicts have grown they've demolished it, So I've been transplanting to the newer tanks as they rip them out. There's also a few Turquoise Rainbows, a pair of Barbs, pair of Flagfish, SAEs and Bristlenose Plecos.

40g Softish, South Americanish:
40SoftSm.JPG

Bigger

Here's Apisto Home. I got a killer deal on a pair of used 40g breeders with overflows drilled from a LFS. They both now reside on a two tier stand I built. I have 4 Cacas, 10 Cardinals, 3 Rams, a handful of guppies, SAEs, otos, and cherry shrimp. Still looking for another piece of wood that's just right. I love that big one on the right. I hadn't even noticed the apisto sized bore holes in it. Of course they found them and love them. The next piece I'll drill in a few condos.

40g Hardish, Rainbows, Guppies, Endlers:

40HardSm.JPG

Bigger

The other 40. Just set up. Most everything came over from a 15 tall that was my wife's fav. Hated tearing it down as she loved it, and despite being poorly lit and overcrowded, it WORKED. A very pretty tank. Hopefully all the plants will do as well now. The fish certainly appreciate the extra fin-room. Occupants; 5 Threadfins, 2 endlers, a handful of guppies, otos, saes, shrimp, and one lonely male Signifer. I was shocked to find a pair at a LFS and snatched them up. Unfortunately, the female passed. Still looking for more.

Here's one of the pretty little triple red Caca males I picked up from Dave.
AlphaSM.JPG

Bigger

Here's the so-called super-red female I picked up from a LFS:
SuperRedSM.JPG

Bigger

Well I hope you a liked, and I look forward to more fun with you all!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mugsey2

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….