• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello from Sunny South Africa

Skye01

Hi All,

My name is Kim and I have been involved in fish keeping from the age of about 10yo. I currently have 12 tanks ranging from a 1ft tank all the way up to a 6ft tank. I keep a wide range of fish from Mollies and Guppies all the way through to Black Ghost Knife Fish. I currently breed Sailfin Mollies, Sword Tails, Guppies, Endlers, Balloon Mollies, Norman's Lamp Eyes, Panda Cory's and Kribs.

I bought some Triple Red Apistos from a guy on the local forum that was selling off some of his babies, and that is where the addiction started...:)

I currently have 2 female and 1 male Triple Red and what has just been identified as a possible Steel Blue Apisto, as to the sex, I still have no idea. I'm in the process of buying another 3 Steel Blues, 4 x Sunburst Cacatoides, 4 x Tefers (Pearl Blue) and 3 x Nanacara's from a local breeder here in SA.

I see that 2 other members from our local forum TASA have joined on here too, Oscar Freak and Firemanmuzz, so I see that we are all here to learn as much as we can about these wonderful little cichlids.

Chat soon
Kim

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….