• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello from Blackpool UK. I have been keeping tropicals for almost 80 years.

Hilton

I am now keeping Apistogrammas for the past 18 months and had success with,Hongsloi, Agassizzii and trifasciatus. Is it correct when I say that differences in temperatures determine the males and females. I say this because out of 22 trifaciatus 21 became female. The temperature I used was 82f.

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
I say this because out of 22 trifaciatus 21 became female. The temperature I used was 82f.
It is usually the other way around with temperature and sex in Apistogramma, higher temperatures lead to more males.

<"https://www.apistogramma.com/forum/threads/apisto-borellii-opal-sex-ratio-of-fry.25050/#post-121919">.

I kept Apistogramma trifasciata for a while, the problem I had with them was that the males are <"very intolerant of one another"> from an early age.

cheers Darrel

Hilton

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….