• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Had to remove my rummys

miniman

Had 10 rummys in my 3dt tank with my D39 pair and some espei rasboras and pygmy corys

But it was impossible to feed the poor apistos as the Rummys are ruthless eaters and smashed any food weather it hit the bottom of the tank or not. So I've just got the rasboras and pygmy corys in there now.

Will give it a day or two to re settle, but would anyone recommend another species of dither fish or would I be better off topping up the other two schools?

miniman

I'd simply stock up the rasboras and the Corydoras.
thanks mate im glad you said this as both of these i really like, the pygmys are coming out a lot more and schooling now that the rummys are out. the apistos not as much but it is a lot less busy in the tank and they finally might get first dibs on the food ha

miniman

I love rummys, but it is the last fish that I would put in a tank where I hoped for breeding apistos. They would do the same thing to the fry as they do to the food. I consider them an apex fry predator.
Yeah I didn't want to take the chance. I'm thinking the apistos were peeling the same to a degree haha

Epos7

They're pretty voracious. I have 13 in with two male apistos and I'm also a bit worried the apistos aren't getting to eat much. I usually try to feed in a few different places so some of the food has a chance to fall to the bottom where the apistos can graze for it. Rummys even grab the big pellets intended for the apistos and choke them down. Have been feeding some frozen baby brine shrimp as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….