• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Found in the minnow shipment..

Khalix

I work in a pet store and found this little guy in the rosy red bin quite by accident. First impression was that he at least marginally resembled a dwarf cichlid, though I have yet been unable to find anything that matches completely. I may not be able to tell at all until he/she gets a good deal bigger, but was oddly curious to see if anyone recognized it. It's hard to tell from the picture, but the top dorsal fin is starting to get a slight red hue to it. Someone suggested maybe an apistogramma borelli. On the opposite side of the face there is a vertical black stripe like you would see with a ram. I couldn't seem to get a shot of that side.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

374038_10150745762500638_725620637_11794894_1506984482_n.jpg

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Looks like an Apistogramma (South American) but from the one photo I couldn't tell you which one. Not A. borellii though as the lateral line stripe (head to base of tail) has the wrong pattern.

Bas

looks like my wild macmasteri indeed. I am not sure if they really are macmasteri. Bought them as macmasteri.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….