• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

fishkeeping goals

aspen

5 Year Member
i have been keeping fish for 3 years (properly- long story) and have been working on the goal for the last little while of putting together a planted discus tank, with apisos and tetras, and algae eaters- and also having the 'spare' tanks available to keep the best specimens on display in that tank which i have raised or bred.

i will have TONS of light, fully selectable, with 2 lamps on a flourescent dimmer for night time viewing, co2, fully automatic water changes (discus need lots of water changed) r/o tap mixed automatically in a reservoir with no heaters or filter intakes etc visible in the tank, with a custom stand and hood i've built. really the best job i can do, with as little maintenance as possible, for maximum enjoyment.

i am currently growing out some really nice discus, and planning the new set-up.

what are your immediate or long term goals, and what are you doing to put your plan into action?

rick

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….