• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Eaten eggs-This will be the last time

Poe

5 Year Member
I´m sick and tired of seing how my borellis eat the eggs on the second day. Maybe is because they think is not worth it to spend energy trying to protect them until they reach an adult size. I don´t know, I don´t mine :)

This is my turn :) I would have preffer to let them the job, but I would like to see fry for once.

This is my estrategy. The eggs are now in a 1,5 gallons tank, with an air compresor and acriflavine to prevent fungus. I use sera micopur, 8 drops per gallon, I will wait 3 days until fry drops down to the bottom of the tank.

I believe it takes 2 o 3 days more until they start eating. By this date
I hope I´ll have BBS. Nevertheless I´ll put some liquifry drops in water just in case something goes wrong, because I´m not sure the artemia eggs are ok. I also have daphnia, I´ll try to find them the smaller ones but maybe in a close future, not right now.

I,m not going to set up a filter in the 1,5 gallons tank, I,ll change 1 liter( 1/4 gallon) everyday or so.

Ph is around 7, kh and gh are low 2-3 both of them and Tª is around 25ºC (77ºF).

I will move the fry to a bigger tank, probably 10 gallons. I dont have to much room but when I´m suppose to do that, in 15 days, a month?

Any piece of advise?

Regards

Z Man

5 Year Member
Poe, I have a friend named Big John who always tells me, "The first spawn is mine so I take the eggs away. They can have the next one!" I find it always works for me too. I know we all want the parents to raise their babies but it doesn't always happen that way. Good luck as you seem to be doing everything correct. I would leave them in the small tank as long as they all get along well. Just don't use too much Liqiudfry and don't start to feed until they are free swimming. They should be able to eat live BBS right away.
Z Man

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….