• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

DwarfLand -300lts-

Senninha

Hi friends¡¡¡

I'm very happy for show my tank to all ¡¡¡, I call it DWARFLAND 300lts (150x40x50), will be habited by dwarfs ciclhid obviusly :) . Now the tank and the parts of this
file.php
Filtration:
JBL CristalProfi e900 with ceramic rings & arlita
Fluval 205 with ceramic rings and arlita
JBL UV 9w, connected by pass of fluval 205

Ground:
Akadama mid size
Akadama small size

Decoration:
Manglar wood only
slate stones
Ceramic tubes
Cocoa cave

CO2:
Controlled by PH Controller Weipro PH2010
8kgs presurized bottle
Solenoid Valve
Drop Checker UP
CO2 Atomizer connected to Fluval 205

Temperatura:
Controlled digitally by a Thermostat
2 Fans of 20wats
2 Heaters of 500wats made of titanium

Automatisms:
PH Controller
Auto Refill up to 30lts
Automatic Fish Feeders Eheim & Boyu

Plants:
Echinodorus Cordifolius "Marble Queen"
Echinodorus X Rubra
Echinodorus X Spidernet
Echinodorus Amazonicus
Echinodorus Bhartii Double Red
Echinodorus Red Ozelot
Echinodorus Rosé
Helecho de Java
Lechuga de Agua
Limnovium Laevigatum

Fauna:
4 Apistogramma Hongsloi, three youngs and an adult
Couple of Apistogramma Baenschi
Couple of Microgeophagus Ramirezi Velo Tail
Pareja de Nannacara Anomala, this arrive soon
34 Otocinclus Affinis & Vittatus
5 Stiphodon Artropurpureus
4 Mistery Snail (Blue, Brown, Yellow and striped)
Neocaridina Heteropoda (life food)

Alimentacion:
Tetra Pro Energy (Automatic feeder 2)
JBL Novo Grano Mix (Automatic feeder 1)
Ocean Nutrition Ciclhid Omni Pellets
Sera Viformo
Natural Sticks

Values:
PH: 6.7

The next week I'll post more pics of the fishes, tank, mates.... :)

To see in Spanish click here

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
Lovely looking tank. I worry a little bit about the Stiphodon artropurpureus long term, they have quite specialized requirements (high levels of oxygenation and plentiful aufwuchs), and would be better in a shallow, high flow, species tank (possibly with RCS - Neocaridina heteropoda).

Personally I think adding CO2 to any tank with rheophilic fish is unwise, as it increases the risk of hypercapnia due to the Bohr effect, particularly in warmer water. Details are here "Aeration and dissolved oxygen in the aquarium
": <http://plecoplanet.com/?page_id=829>

Also I don't think you need CO2 with the plants you have and it adds a factor that has the potential to kill all of your livestock. I don't need any extra help with this, unfortunately I can manage it all on my own.

cheers Darrel

Senninha

Jajajjaj Ya ves NAcho, llevaba ganas de tener algo grande jejejeje y pues aprovechando que vendi muuuchas cosas de los acuarios me pague el proyecto y lo automatice pq entre semana no estoy en casa jejejej

Hi dw1305 ¡¡¡ Thanks for your tips, are reallys iteresting ¡¡¡, The CO2 system is programmed by the 6.7 PH range, rarely are ON, normally the PH level are around 6.6 naturallyment, that way no problem with PH and relative levels.

About Stiphodon fully agree with you, in deed that you konw are Asiatic fishes, but I have for some years and stay very well (I supossed :) ) also have RCS in this tank hehehehhe, for live food.

Peenot, thanks for your comments ¡¡¡ Im so glad :) , Now im out of my house but I`ll arrive about 20th october and I going to take some pics, I promissed :)

un saludicoo¡¡¡

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
The CO2 system is programmed by the 6.7 PH range, rarely are ON, normally the PH level are around 6.6 naturallyment, that way no problem with PH and relative levels. About Stiphodon fully agree with you, in deed that you konw are Asiatic fishes, but I have for some years and stay very well (I supossed :) )
No problem, I know that most plant tank keepers like to use elevated stable CO2 levels to maximise growth, rather than to depress pH, but used the way you do it shouldn't cause a problem.

Best of luck with the Stiphodon, I know that many people struggle with them so it is nice to know that they can be kept long term. Now if you could breed them as well, that would be even better (they are possibly catadromous).

cheers Darrel

Senninha

Hehehehe Darrel you are so right :) . I dont undertand who means "catadromous" Id search by google translate but nothing, the sthipodon sure may be better, but only have now this tank :( , and Im study out of house and this is the only way for this :) .

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
Sorry "catadromous" means "spawn in the sea" like an Eel (Anguilla anguilla), although I'm not sure even that is the correct term. I had a quick look and the suggestion was that they spawn in fresh-water, but the planktonic eggs are then swept down to the sea, where the fry develop, before migrating back up-stream.

cheers Darrel

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
Sand is better, because they are geophagine and can sift through it, but you can use calcined clay substrates like Akadama. The problems are that small food items will fall between the gaps and be less accessible to the fish and this may eventually compromise water quality.

An advantage of Akadama is that it comes from an area of high rainfall in Japan, and all the cation exchange sites are naturally filled with H+ ions. This means that it will lower pH as these protons are exchanged for other bases(Ca++, K+ etc) in the water, along to the lyotropic series.

Have a look at this thread <http://www.apistogramma.com/forum/i...-western-world-natural-tank.12819/#post-70446>.

cheers Darrel

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AND

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….