• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Don't ya hate it when...

Orchid

5 Year Member
So my plants have arrived and are floating in all my other freshwater tanks, I've sterilized the driftwood and gravel, I have every bucket and clean container filled with RO water waiting to go into the new breeder tank, and my gravel amendment and heater has yet to arrive. It was supposed to be here Saturday. Meanwhile, female checkerboard is filling up with eggs again, now her vent is popping out. GRRRRRR!

According to fedex tracking, it has been almost the entire state away for two days. This is one instance where Federal Express isn't express. :x

Orchid

5 Year Member
ARRRRGH! Fedex has lost my order! They have no idea where it is and have put out a trace for it. The pet supply company graciously contacted them for me and informed me of this. It can take up to 48 hours just to find out where this package is. They say it should still be in Portland, where it has been since before my delivery date, but they have no idea why it hasn't been delivered and if they can't find it by Friday, the pet supply company will reship. That is at least another seven days I will have to wait for my supplies if you don't count Thanksgiving day.

Meanwhile, the female checkerboard has laid a bunch more eggs this morning. Had the package arrived on Saturday like it was supposed to, she could be in her own tank and I would have a good chance to grow out these babies. Another batch doomed for death! :cry:

If I don't get it by tomarrow, I think I will cancel the order and drive the hour to the nearest big city and buy the supplies I need there. The only reason I didn't do this in the first case was the "ease" of home delivery.
I certainly am not willing to wait another seven days or pay $30 for 2 day delivery when it should have already been here. Do any of you other hobbyists experience these problems with delivery? How do you deal with it?

Cichlids1

5 Year Member
The one good thing, the filamentosa are still laying. Mine always went is spurts with what seemed like forever in between. 2 or 3 spawns a month, then nothing for 2 or 3 months...very frustrating. Are you wanting the parents to raise the fry? If not, you can always pull the eggs and hatch them artificially and let them try next week when they do it again :)

I've had one order lost. Sending, not rec'ving, via USPS Express. Shipper got refunded and the fish showed up 4 days later. A bit chilled, but alive. At least it's dry goods that are lost in the shuffle and not a soon to be deceased living thing.

If they reship, they aren't going to charge you for shipping again are they?

Orchid

5 Year Member
The service rep didn't say if they would recharge, but I am going to demand two day shipping without being charged or cancel the sale. I was promised a Saturday delivery, would have tolerated a Monday or even Tuesday delivery, but now I am inconvenenced and pis#ed off! It is still unfound.

I am glad your fish survived, what a terrrible way they could have died.
I am concerned about my female because she's the only one I have and it is a 3.5 hour drive for me just to get another unsexable juvy if she should perish.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….