• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Desperately seeking a Apistogramma Borellii (yellow)

borelliiseeker

Ok, where do I begin?

I guess by saying "Hi" to the forum and thanks to every member for spilling so much invaluable information in each thread posted.

I've been reading up for the past two months on apistos and fell in love with a particular breed, the Apistogramma Borellii (yellow)

But try as I might I can't find any. I have tried every lfs near and far and eventually found a male who looked odd and almost deformed so had to leave him.

I have been told by members on another general forum that a cichlid specific forum would be a good place to look which eventually brought me here.

Any info, direction, and advice you guys may have for me I'll be happy to accept.

I also emailed a guy on youtube who upped this vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2txtbtG_Qfc

And he also directed me here.

I'm in the UK if that helps.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I know how frustrating it is to want "that special fish" and not know where to find it. I wish I could help you more than the little information that I give here. There are several members of the forum from the UK that bring in apistos on a regular basis. I hope some will contact you. Yellow morphs of A. borellii are fairly common, but finding a specific population of yellow morph is almost impossible without seeing the fish. Generally, A. borrellii from the northern part of the species' range show more yellow than those from farther south. Good luck with your search.

Apistomaster

5 Year Member
Any given strain of A. borelli often produces some of the Yellow and Opal with many which are intermediates between each.
I would try whatever A. borelli you can find and work with them. As you do keep watching out for the strain you seek. It is usually easy to sell any Apistogramma you may want to stop raising so you will get something out of whatever you begin with which can help pay for the ones you want whenever the opportunity arises.

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
If you can't find a hobbiest in the UK, Maidenhead Aquatics can order them by colour, but they will be quite pricey. Where do you live?

cheers Darrel

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhays79

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….