• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Content Site Taken Off-LIne

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Hello Everyone...

I am sorry to announce that I have taken the content site offline for the foreseable future. I have set up a redirect so that the www.apistogramma.com URL will come directly to the forum now. If that does not work for you, try clearing your temporary internet files to get rid of a cached redirect that was already in place. Needing to do that is an example of the problem. There are so many inconsistancies with the programming of the website that I cannot figure any of it out.

If anyone is interested in owning the apistogramma.com domain name and website, please send me a PM.

Right now I do not intend to shut down the forum; but neither am I going to dedicate any more time into trying to upgrade it. The access to vBulletin software support and upgrades that was supposed to transfer with the site did not, and I paid for it. :mad: I will not pay for it again. I have tried dilligently to figure out how to operate the administration controls, but that too is proving beyond my comprehension. So... if you are interested in gaining ownership to this forum, please send me a PM. I anticipate that someday this site will get royally hacked because I cannot figure out how to improve the security, and then the site will be dead.

In short, I paid to be able to save site six months ago before it was shut off when the hosting company closed shop. My ownership is not working out, so if someone else would like to save it please let me know.

Ted

Gary

Site Admin
5 Year Member
Ted -

I understand your frustration, and the vb software transfer is my fault and I take the blame. I submitted a request to transfer the ownership of the forum software and to be honest when they didn't respond I completely forgot about it. Since I'm not in the "business" any longer I'm not online or in touch as I was before.

I have re-requested the software ownership transfer and I'll keep you up to date.

But I also encourage you to find someone to admin the forum if you don't feel up to it. And in fact when you purchased the domains from Neil I specifically asked if you had someone online to help you with the admin of both sites. From your reply emails you indicated that you had it handled, so I haven't visited either site since the switch.

Regardless, as I said I accept responisbility in the software transfer not happening and I will correct that as soon as possible.

Gary

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Gary,

Thank you. I appreciate that you will take care of the transfer. As to having help with the admin, I did... but that seems to have fallen through.

Ted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhays79

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….