• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Confirmation of ID

rainsongexotics

Hey all, just wanted to confirm what I've been told my new buddy is.
Sold as Apistogramma cacatuoides orange, but I've also been told Orange Flash and Double Orange.

Any help would be great!

Attachments

• PXL_20230716_234321287.jpg
    PXL_20230716_234321287.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 73
  • PXL_20230716_234211296.jpg
    PXL_20230716_234211296.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 73

MacZ

Double x, orange this, red that... All are just tradenames without any validity. Anyone can name their linebred colour forms whatever they want and the IT geeks that look after retailers' online shops most often don't know anything and type "something domething red". Plus the many times of misheard names makes 6-8 different names for the same type of fish.

Certain is: A. Cacatuoides, domestic colour breed.

rainsongexotics

Double x, orange this, red that... All are just tradenames without any validity. Anyone can name their linebred colour forms whatever they want and the IT geeks that look after retailers' online shops most often don't know anything and type "something domething red". Plus the many times of misheard names makes 6-8 different names for the same type of fish.

Certain is: A. Cacatuoides, domestic colour breed.
So, it's not so different from some of the common names I see in arachnids. I just wanted to be sure of what I have. I appreciate you replying!

anewbie

The colour morph are arbitrary and one person double orange is another person triple lemon. The only thing that really matters is the species. Also if breeding there is no guarantee the frys will look like the parents (colour wise) but they should be the same shape and same behavior.

Names are just a fancy way to market them - your is a single red; mine are double red; those are triple red and sooner or later we might even see quad red. After a 4 is 4 times better than 1 right ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….