• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Completely new in Apisto - request for help

Anem

Hello Everyone

First of all I would like to welcome everyone as it is my first post here. Please be understanding for my english as it is not my native language and nevertheless I am using it sometimes in work I have no aquarium vocabulary.

Almost two weeks ago I have started my first aquarium an now I am wondering about fish composition. Aquarium has 54 liters (60x30x30) and can be seen on my blog http://54laqua.wordpress.com/ (unfortunatelly text is only in polish). I decided that except of Apisto I would like to have
Hyphessobrycon Amandae 10
Corydoras pygmaeus 7 - 10
regrarding the apisto I was wondering about A. borelli 1m + 2f, A. trifasciata 1m +2f or A. panduro 1m + 1f

Regarding the above I would like to ask You if those numbers are ok and what specie of Apisto would be the best (I think the most probable will be borelli).

I was also thinking to put there also some dwarf shrimps and then lower the number of Corydoras pygmaeus but I don't know whether it is possible.

Please give me some advice. :)

bigbird

5 Year Member
Morning Anem and welcome to the Forum,

I think you will have to many fish for a 54litre tank. My honest opinion is that any Apisto should be kept in a min 100litre tank. Maybe you should make your 54L into a only shrimp tank? Anyway I would restrict it to 6tetras and no cory pygme, as they would also compete with the Apistos in the lower level. I would choose between the borelli and trifasciata, as they are pretty easy ho handle and 1M and 2 F is fine. I prefer the Trifasciata. Shrimp are also sometimes regarded as food, so I would personally not keep shrimp with the Apistos. cheers jk :cool:

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pupps

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….