• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

coldwater Apistogramma borellii Tank

Thalassa

I have a 55g with 4 Borellii, its unheated and currently around 60F. right now I have White clouds and CPD's as dither but wondering what might be a dither from the same biotype.

Thanks

Pascal

Hi Thalassa, your question is from quiet some time ago, but I'd like to share what I found nonetheless. There have been at least two investigations in areas where A. borellii was found. I filtered the larger and aggressive fishes out and replaced the scientific names by the ones we currently use. The first investigation was from 1935, the second one from 1971.

Paraguay, 1935

Steindachnerina elegans
Characidium fasciatum
Melanorivulus punctatus
Chaetobranchopsis orbicularis
Cichlasoma portalegrense
Bujurquina vittata
Apistogramma borellii
Apistogramma commbrae

Rio Paraguay, Formosa 24°L.S., 1971

Cyphocharax platanus
Psellogrammus kennedyi
Cheirodon interruptus
Serrapinnus piaba
Aphyocharax anisitsi
Characidium laterale
Apistogramma borellii

Search for A. borellii on gbif.org for the original investigations if you like.

Pascal

Hi Thalassa, your question is from quiet some time ago, but I'd like to share what I found nonetheless. There have been at least two investigations in areas where A. borellii was found. I filtered the larger and aggressive fishes out and replaced the scientific names by the ones we currently use. The first investigation was from 1935, the second one from 1971.

Paraguay, 1935

Steindachnerina elegans
Characidium fasciatum
Melanorivulus punctatus
Cichlasoma portalegrense
Bujurquina vittata
Apistogramma borellii
Apistogramma commbrae

Cyphocharax platanus
Psellogrammus kennedyi
Cheirodon interruptus
Serrapinnus piaba
Aphyocharax anisitsi
Characidium laterale
Apistogramma borellii

Also useful: inaturalist.org/observations for more southern Borelliis (San Fernando, Chaco, Argentina)

Thalassa

Paraguay, 1935

Steindachnerina elegans
Characidium fasciatum
Melanorivulus punctatus
Cichlasoma portalegrense
Bujurquina vittata
Apistogramma borellii
Apistogramma commbrae

Cyphocharax platanus
Psellogrammus kennedyi
Cheirodon interruptus
Serrapinnus piaba
Aphyocharax anisitsi
Characidium laterale
Apistogramma borellii

Thank you

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….