• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cichlid Atlas

depthc

5 Year Member
Its not certain but i dont think the release will be any time soon anyway. Id say pick up the first one regardless if the new one is coming out. The first one is a great, informative book so you should def. pick up a copy, im sure others would agree.

Andrew

fishboy20

5 Year Member
I have to agree that the first Romer atlas is great. While it is outdated by 8 years or so, it is still the best guide in english for now. I believe the next volume will be a continuation of the first. It is listed as being the ?Natural History of South American Dwarf Cichlids? - CICHLID ATLAS 2 on the apistogrammaidiots.com website. Whatever that means? I know it will be a good book whenever it comes out. Hopefully some of the German books will be out in english in the next few years.

~Jeremy

Fatts

5 Year Member
I bought some fish off on Dave Soares (apistodave) and I asked if Dr Romer had said anything. He told me it would likely be late summer of fall.

BTW Dave is friends with Uwe Romer, and if you get a chance to get some Apistos from him..... DO IT!!!

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Uwe's second volume will be just that - a second volume containing only new species not discussed in volume 1 (full title: Cichlid Atlas, Volume 1: Natural History of South American Dwarf Cichlids). You will need both volumes for a complete set. I also hope there are corrections to vol.1 in the new volume. I certainly hope that it appears when David says, but anyone who remembers the delays that occurred with vol.1, well ...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cole

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….