• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Can someone tell where I can get these spices at?

Apisto ranch

5 Year Member
I know these aren't to comain. But I've looked every where to try and find these fish,and I thought somebody on all these sites has to be keeping one of them if not all. there's three here they are
1. Dwarf scarlet badis /Dario dario

2. Golden-eyed Dwarf Cichlid / Nannacara anomala

3. Nigerian red taeniatus / Pelvicachromis taeniatus

There is a couple of more I'm looking for but I will start with those. So if someone knows someone who' keeping or breeding these. Please let me know either pm me or post. I'm trying to locate them for a new spices tanks. I'm setting up and when I asked about them on another site they told me those wasn't even in the hobbie no more.
So If you can either find them get them or have them could you let me know where you got them from.
And thanks before hand.
Les:biggrin

Woody

5 Year Member
Exporters in Europe have both species available. As a matter of fact I ordered, through a wholesaler friend of mine 6 Nigerian reds, that's the bag size, and ended up with the smaller size ones, but Qty 15.
Let me tell you they are beautiful fish with personality to match. Even though they are still small, male two inch, females 1 1/4 inch, they are pairing up and squabbling over territory.
I plan on moving two pairs this morning to their own seperate tanks. I just love them, the red in their face the yellow lips, outstanding.
They also have Nannacara on their list, I was going to order a bag also, I beleive 20 per bag, but didn't have the tank space available. Last time I saw them up here in Caanda was ten years ago.

Good luck, both species are excellent fish

Woody

Apisto ranch

5 Year Member
Thanks I have foun both the badis badis and the nannacara. but still looking for the pelvicahromis. So if any one knows of this please let me know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhays79

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….