• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Can corydoras eat apisto fry occasionally?

danbb

The eggs is a delicacy for them, but fry? From what I have read the "rule" say no, but I think that it's possible to happen occasionally, being fish that loves live food (especially on the bottom), and very active nocturnal.
If they found during the night some fry resting on the bottom (even in a inappropriate cave) they will eat them? Can accidents happen?
What you can say based on your experience?
Thanks,
Dan
PS: I don't have anymore corydoras in my tanks, is just a curiosity.

slimbolen99

5 Year Member
The corys can and will predate on fry, especially young fry and eggs, day and night. They will also face the wrath of an angry mother.

danbb

That's why I said "rule". I had a discussion with somebody who pretend that they eat only the eggs, and because I couldn't verify my self (not that I will ever try intentionally) I want to hear your opinion, because your opinion matters very much to me. That is what I said to the guy: cory will eat apisto fry if will get a chance.
Thank you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AND

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….