• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

cactuoides spawn

jeb

5 Year Member
Well it's finally happened!But........the problem is that I run a penguin 330 on my 20h and the current would be to much for the fry.Would it be safe to take it off and maintain weekly water changes?Or move the pair to a ten with the mini penguin and hope they give it a second try?Just curious if it would work very long without the filtation?All my water parameters are great.None of the lfs carry a corner filter.. :?

Neil

jeb,
Congratulations :!:
Is there an adjustment on the filter to reduce the flow? If so, turn it down a little and put a sponge over the intake and you should be fine. If you want to pull it, there may well be sufficient nitrifying bacteria in the tank itself indefinitely - If the tank is very lightly stocked and there is something pushing the water around. To be safe though, I would get a sponge filter and squeeze the overflow filters media out on it. That should be enough of a start to get the sponge filter working adequately for your needs.
Neil

jeb

5 Year Member
Thanks Neil,I'll try the sponge if the parameters start to spike.There are only three of them and the tank is heavily planted.hopefully everything will work out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….