• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cacatuoide Fry Breeding In Growout Tank.

Andrew C

5 Year Member
I have a 4ft long grow out tank with around 40 Cacatuoide fry in it, which are 5 months old now.
I am growing them on to a decent size before taking them to the lfs.

I have not seen any fry, but one of the young females has turned yellow and is Aggressiveily defending one of the corners pots in the tank.
I would not have noticed if wasn't for the fact she is chasing away any other fish which goes near the corner pot.

If the female sucessfully hatches the eggs, do the fry have any chance of survival in a growout tank ?
Has anybody been in this postion themselfs and what did they do ?

Andrew.

farm41

5 Year Member
That would be nearly impossible for the female to defend against 40 predators. That is what they will be.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhays79

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….