• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Burjurgina!?

pikette

5 Year Member
Does anyone have any information on the species Burjuquina? I found only a mention of this species in Kullander's book 'Chichlid Fishes of the Amazon Drainage in Peru'.

First off, I'd like to know how Burjuquina is pronounced.
Next, how do you sex the fish? All information would be valued.

I have an opportunity to purchase Burjuquina Sousa and/or Robusta and would like to purchase a pair. I don't want to have to buy six to ensure that I would at least get a pair. These fish are all ready 2 inchs.

Thanks,
FB

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
:D
Burjuquina (pronounced however the person in the conversation who says it first and loudest pronounces it :wink: ), include a lot of variable species that used to be called acaras. My favorite is B. vitatta... the yellow acara.

Sexing is not too diffucult. Males usually have pointier anal fins, and get larger.

pikette

5 Year Member
Cool. I will persue geeting a pair of each and see what happens. I will keep you posted.

Florent

5 Year Member
Hello,

I'm new here and I'm french so I hope you will understand me !

I've some Bujurquina megalospila. My experience with this species drive me to say that Bujurquina should be keep in group.
Sexing is not easy, for me there is only the size of males (which became bigger). Females have also very long fins !

Maybe it's different for the other species of the genus

bye

Florent

Neil

Wow Florent,

Bujurquina megalospila! Thatis number 2. I have never heard of anyone working with that fish either. But then again, I am not particularly well-traveled :) . Do you have pics of these too!?
Neil

Florent

5 Year Member
Picture of Bujurquina megalospila

A picture from this website, I have not picture of mines : http://www.aquatarium.de/

bujurquina_megalospilus.jpg

My fishes come from Aquarium Glaser, they look like Bujurquina vittata.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kanihong

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….