• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Building Our Own Store!!!

Neil

EVERYONE,
What products would you like to put on a list if you were able to build your own store?! As many of you might have already seen, there is a new product list on Apistogramma.com. In correspondences with Ted (tjudy), I found that he was carrying a few items that he used himself and liked, as well as a few inventions (DYI CO2 unit, Nursery for fry) that he has come up with to simplify his fishkeeping endeavors. A few weeks ago I got some of these items and have discussed many more with him. Since many of these products directly relate to Dwarf Cichlids, I suggested that we put his list up on the site as a service and additional resource to people who frequent the site.
He seems to be able to regularly find very good deals on many other products that many of us use. However, this often requires a larger order of these products. I don't think that he intends to be an on-line store, but instead a catalyst for some of us to get things we need for a better price than we normally would. I have asked him to look into a few things that I would be interested in and he has found out about and acquired them for me.
I have asked Ted to provide this same service to members of the forum. If you are interested in finding products for your tanks or fishroom, please mention them here on the forum. If there is an interest in something, Ted will research it, find product options and present them to the group with a price. The idea here is to have people discuss what they need and what they want to be able to get in “their storeâ€Â.
Let’s here what you would like to get hold of and we’ll see if Ted can get a good price for us. He will also keep us updated on specials and promotions that companies are currently running.
This could be a very valuable service for some of us and I want to thank Ted for offering to do it.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
:D

Hi All!

Neil and I have been talking about this concept for about a month. The idea really is based upon the idea that we can get better prices as a group than individually; and it will also be an advantage to have a group member who can get items well below the retail price... :mrgreen:

I think of the idea as kind of like a grocery co-op.... but I get to do all the work (physical work) and put up the capital....

I will make announcements about new things that are available in the Lounge. If there is something that you are looking for, present it to the group; I suggest making a new topic so ideas for stuff do not get buried. We will debate as a group the value of these things. If we decide that it is something that we want in the store, then I will go find it (hopefully with leads from some of you who likely know more than I do). Neil is making a page available to us, and I will keep items listed there that we have in stock. Right now the page is not entirely accurate, and I will fix it when I get the editor.

Here are a few things that are of particular interest right now:

Marineland filters and powerheads are 40%-45% off through January.

Seachem Flourish, Flourish Iron, Acid Buffer and Flourite Red are on sale.

All of Hagan products (Fluval, Aquaclear, etc...) are 30% until December, but will likely be on in Decmeber again for the holiday season.

I have arranged for the purchase of 5 cases of 90% HR (240,000) brine eggs that group members will be able to purchase for $20 a can... until they are all gone. I looked hard for these eggs, and bought them from a distributer. The producers in Utah that I contacted about buying direct from either did not have any 90% eggs left, or were charging very high prices. The price on 80% eggs right now is up in the $350/case range (from the producers). There are still a lot of eggs out there in the distributers' inventories, but I am pretty confident their prices will go up soon. If you have a place where you like to get eggs from, stock up. If not, I have 60 cans for the group when you need them.

Thanks all! I hope that we all buy into this concept and make it work. I think that it is a unique opportunity.

[/list]

farm41

5 Year Member
If all the prices are going to be like the brine eggs, I will be a returning customer. Good price, when will they be available?

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
I expect the eggs middle of next week. I got the confirmation numbers on the shipping today.

The price is a big part of the concept... we really want this to be a store where money can be saved... :D

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
There is an inaccurate list under misc. in the fishroom. I will have an updated list to e-mail out tomorrow. Or I could post it ina forum until I can edit the store.

Any ideas for what we would like to see in the store?

Neil sent me after turkey basters and syringes... I found BULB SYRINGES, which I like a lot better than a turkey baster because they are not as big and do not leak. They are basically a 60cc syringe with a bulb instead of a plunger. :D

Richgrenfell

5 Year Member
Water testing stuff.....

I am sick to death of playing around with the little testubes, and trying to remember how many drops go in which tube! I'd like to see some quality electronic testing equipment (GH and KH in particular) for a decent price.

Digital thermometers.....

Great product from Lifeguard! I can find these elsewhere, but would rather be spending my money here.

I'm sure there's more, but I can't think of them right now.

By the way, I use the bulb syringes too...alot less cumbersome than a turkey baster!

rich
http://www.geocities.com/richgrenfell/apistos.html

Neil

This idea is really a great service to many of us. How nice it is to be able to make suggestions for stuff that I need. I have already gotten several things from Ted at once that I would have had to order from different sources. Several other members have done the same thing. I hope we keep this going.
How about a resevior shut -off for RO units? Is that possible?

Bissot_J

5 Year Member
thanks Neil for this link.
i never see this thread before.... that's bad , i miss the train.
I am of course interested , but most of you leave in US and me in canada .... dont know if this will impact on anythings

By the way , i searching optimize my setup avery month :)
this month i try to optimised my water production and flexibility.

I have two questions and something to add on your list :) hehe.

1 - how much time you can keep RO water ?
2 - is it anyway to have a systems who just justdown your RO when your reserve is full ?
3 - i looking for an New RO system, mine is not enough at all so it is time ... any hint or suggested place to check .

thanks

PS: i think it will bbe a good thing if this thread is sticky :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhays79

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….