• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Breeding & grow out tank set up recommendations

ChuckinMA

I have a 75 gallon South American themed display tank which includes a pair of triple red cacatouides and a pair of panduros. The apisto's have emerged as some of my favorites. As many of you can relate, I've become increasingly intrigued with the idea of breeding apisto's. Initially I'll focus on a whitewater species. I realize that my existing apistos may not pair up despite my best intentions so I may need to buy a small grouping of juvies and let nature take its course.

I'd be able to set a tank rack up to 3' wide but it could be expanded to 4' if necessary. Depth could be up to 20". Since this isn't a dedicated fish room, I need to be sensitive to the total footprint.

For those of you who have gone down this path, I'd appreciate any recommendations and lessons learned regarding tank sizes and configuration for breeding and grow-out. I've pieced together some ideas reading various posts but also would like hear from anyone who would now do something differently based on their experience.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
natrickshwaxey

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….