• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

bolivian with eye problem

A

augger

i recently bought a bolivian ram and two weeks later it developed a problem in one eye. the eye is swollen and turned gray.

the fish are kept in a standard 55 gal. tank with R/O water treated with R/O right.

water params
temp: 82
pH: 7.1
NO2: 0
NH3: 0
NO3: 5ppm
GH: 72ppm
KH: 36ppm

i change 35 - 45 percent of the water every week and run an emperor 400, emperor 300, and a canister.

ihave:
5 angelfish: 3large/2 small
3 tiger barbs
3 green barbs
1 bala shark
1 rainbow shark
1 dragon goby
1 gold gouramie
2 bolivian rams
2 cockatoo dwarf cichlids
2 german blue rams

if anyone could help me identify the problem and suggest a solution i would greatly appreciate it.

Neil

augger,

WELCOME TO THE FORUM

Usually when I have had eye problems, it has been associated with water quality or injury. It doesn't sound like you have water quality issues, but that is alot of fish in your tank.
How much aggression is going on in there. Even if it is just chasing, that could cause a fish to run into something while running. Could that have happened with your bolivian ram? The new guy usually gets picked on most.
Neil

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….