• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bolivian Ram Breeding/Raising

dudenamedcody20

Hi apistogramma.com! This is my first post, and its about Bolivian Rams. So I've been raising fish my whole life. About 3 months ago I decided to try cichlids. Originally I wanted Africans but decided to go for SA, as I have only a 20 gallon tank set up for tropical fish. So I researched and found out about rams and decided to get them. After unsuccessful try with GBR(due to subpar water conditions, it was clean but the ph was screwed up) I went with the hardy bolivian ram(love this fish, and would recommend it for beginners to cichlids). I also decided I wanted to try and breed it. So after a month of trying to see if I had a pair and trying to breed, I gave up. Thanksgiving night i noticed my dominant male hanging really close to the bottom next to the female and thought something was wrong. Then i noticed the eggs and was shocked. They had shown no signs of being a pair.They ended up eating the fry right after they hatched. So I decided to get a 10 gallon to breed them in. I have just got it to start cycling. It has black river sand, two red smooth rocks stacked on each other to create a little tunnel a fake 6 in log and a Java fern. I plan on getting small plants for the fry to hide in and having floating java moss. I have Zebra Danios in it to cycle and was wondering what you guys think of the setup.

Thanks, Cody.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….