• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Blue cacatuoides

libasci

5 Year Member
What is everyones thoughts on these are they pretty or is it more of a in the eye of beholder fish.

Debating about ordering a pair but concerned they will just look like wild cacatuoides.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Never seen true Blue A. cacatuoides in the fins, only in photos. I ordered some once. They turned out to be A. alpahuayo (black-chin). Who has true Blue A. cacatuoides in the USA?

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
These are not true Blue A. cacatuoides (see Rolo's photos on the German Dwarf Cichlid Forum: http://www.zbbf.de/forum/showthread.php?t=6477). Rolo's fish had both a blue body and blue finnage. Dave's fish are a blue-finned/yellow-bodied wild population of A. cacatuoides. Still, I think it is a very pretty population. BTW the fish he lists as "Apistogramma Black Apisto Nauto" is the fish Dr. Römer collected at the KM77 marker on the Iquitos-Nauta highway. Although Uwe thinks it's different, I personally think it's a population of A. cinnilabra. TomC & I collected the fish there last Fall. Still a nice & unusual apisto.

cichlidmac

These are not true Blue A. cacatuoides (see Rolo's photos on the German Dwarf Cichlid Forum: http://www.zbbf.de/forum/showthread.php?t=6477). Rolo's fish had both a blue body and blue finnage. Dave's fish are a blue-finned/yellow-bodied wild population of A. cacatuoides. Still, I think it is a very pretty population. BTW the fish he lists as "Apistogramma Black Apisto Nauto" is the fish Dr. Römer collected at the KM77 marker on the Iquitos-Nauta highway. Although Uwe thinks it's different, I personally think it's a population of A. cinnilabra. TomC & I collected the fish there last Fall. Still a nice & unusual apisto.
Great, thanks for the clarification.

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk 2

Linus_Cello

5 Year Member

Attachments

• Cacatuoides Aguaytia.jpg
    Cacatuoides Aguaytia.jpg
    400.7 KB · Views: 1,025

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Cichlidmac, sp. 21 appears to be a eunotus-complex species, most likely a member of the Pebas sub-complex. It might even be a population of A. sp. Pebas, but without knowing where it was collected - and seeing a male of the species - I can't really say what it is.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pupps

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….