• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

blanketing tank worked for temp control

Laura

Hi thanks for all the help :) Keeping that tank all covered with a thick blanket but for a few air holes around filters made all the difference. Held my temp 86 steady all night. THANK YOU :) Laura

CopabX

Yeah, i found that after it gets soaked it prevents more evaporation from the tank. Nice side effect.

Laura

ick gone after 86 and UV & still spawning

Well so far all looks good, no signs of ick for a week, so the heat 86 and UV seemed to do the trick :biggrin:

Lost that batch of eggs, not sure if from heat or just that it was her first batch, working on second batch now....she seems to trust her dude but all others she keeps way.
So is PH the factor for sexes in fry, or temp, maybe both?
Would be nice to see some cact fry. Thanks again everyone, this is such a friendly group :wink: Laura

CopabX

I've found that 78-75 is optimum with bettas because then you get already set harlems so maybe its the same temp gauge for apistos. I usually go for an unbalanced ratio of male to female. They also fight less because they grew up together although there's always that one large one who is just plain annoying.:mad:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stripes

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….