• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

beginner needs info

P

peter

hi to all
i want to start breeding dwarf chiclids are 9 gallons tanks a good size for breeding??

and has anyone experiance with mike reeds no bbs fry food for raising fry and do jou have to use other kinds of food when you use this??

thanks

Randall

5 Year Member
Peter's Questions

Lief Peter,

Sorry, maar begrijp Ik niet jouw vraag. Spreekt U Nederlands alstublieft?

Groeten,

Randall Kohn

aspen

5 Year Member
peter, i have used mike reed's nobs food for discus, and it is quite good. in fact many discus breeders have given up bbs altogether in favour of this food. for apistos however, the fry are so small, the smallest nobs food might be too large for them at the beginning, and you may want to get some other very small fodd for the smallest fry. maybe others can comment?

a 9 gal is fine for a pair or trio of apistos, but the fry will have to be grown out in a separate tank once they reach a certain size, depending on the number.

rick

Neil

Lief Peter,

Sorry, maar begrijp Ik niet jouw vraag. Spreekt U Nederlands alstublieft?

Groeten,

Randall Kohn
Randall, No showing off in the forum! :D

peter,
I agree with aspen. A tank that size is fine for breeding (and maybe even for raising the fry with the parents for awhile) but it is not ideal for the whole process. You may want to prepare yourself with anothere tank to put 1 or both parents in or their fry. Plus, make sure that you have a well-structured tank for aggression management. One partner in the pair may really thank you for it.
Neil

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….