• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistos from Uruguay.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Thank you for the information, Per. These A. borellii were collected in Brazil, in western tributaries of the Rio Uruguai (Brazil)/Uruguay(Uruguay). I am not really surprised. I imagine that there are many streams now entering the Rio Uruguay that once were part of the Rio Paraguay system, but later pirated by the Uruguay.

P.W.

5 Year Member
Hi Cageman!

Any news about your apistos from Uruguay? Hope everything goes as planned.
Just a pity that there´s no possibility for you to get some Borellii´s.

Best regards/ Per

cageman

5 Year Member
Hello Per,

Unfortunately he did not caught any commbrae.
He wanted to bring 8 specimens back to Europe but Felipe told him it would take about one and a half day to catch them. That made him decide to not go and catch them at all. I don't blame him, his intersts are with the Gymno's.

Another downfall was that he had to leave all his fish in Argentina at the customs. Not a lucky trip.:frown:
He had al the papers to export the fish from Uruguay but I guess the Argentina customs wanted to play a power game.

Greetings,

Wouter

P.W.

5 Year Member
Sorry to hear that. Well, sometimes things doesn´t turn out as planned.
Better luck next time!

Best regards/ Per

rafael

5 Year Member
In our new Forum & Atlas (in Spanish) have just received some pictures of some A. commbrae at Arroyo Las Viudas, in Salto, Uruguay.

http://www.aquaesfera.es/atlas/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=17495&g2_serialNumber=3

http://www.aquaesfera.es/atlas/main.php?g2_itemId=4902&g2_navId=x9ed2574b (All photos are welcome). :biggrin:

But the best thing is that a companion of the forum (Sebastián) has commented that have been reported catches of A. borellii in the vicinity of the city of Bella Union, Uruguay (border with Brazil).

Felipe Cantera on your site has since a few days ago on this species in the directory but still has no photos. http://www.aqvaterra.com/index.php

Best regards,

Rafael Pereiro.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….