• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma uapesi

S

sjones

I have had two pair for about 6 mth getting eggs , but none are hatching. Tried letting them stay with parents and pulling egg , no hatch yet . Great fish

Neil

fredmir1,

I have had success with this species, but only after altering the tank conditions to low extremes. I have breed "Redwedge" (uaupesi), in the low 4s of pH, with virtually no hardness. I believe that the eggs will not develop in anything but very soft, acidic water. They are a phenominal fish, but tough to work with. Good luck!

sjones,

WELCOME TO THE FORUM

I have had two pair for about 6 mth getting eggs , but none are hatching. Tried letting them stay with parents and pulling egg , no hatch yet.

The water, as mentioned above, might well be your problem. Artificially rearing these animals, might also be next to impossible, because of the extreme water and probable intolerance of altered water conditions which can easily occur from the breeding tank to a hatching tank. Try 'going low", if you haven't already and good luck!

Neil

ARWoodi

5 Year Member
Hi everyone,

Me too has just aquired the Uaupesi red wedge. Currently my pH is at 5.5 KH & Gh not measured. They seems to be a bit timid with always hiding whenever I come by to watch them. and also the female tends to be clamping its tail quite often, is that normal?

Would really love to try and spawn them but for now since it's juz the beginning I will have to enjoy admiring their beauty from a far.

ARWoodi

5 Year Member
free swimming frys

Just as I was about to do water change, I notice the female acted strangely and true enough, just as I expected the pair is taking care of their brood.

Now female is basically guarding the frys with occasional help from the male who tales turn to chase away my dither fish(rasbora brigettea 6pcs).

Been feeding them baby brine shrimps, microworm and daphnias. hope they all make it to adulthood.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….