• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma species unknown

FIL

5 Year Member
Hello,
Do you know these species. They are sold through a reseller in France

- Apistogramma sp Celeste

- Apistogramma sp violet

- Apistogramma sp. Llanero

- Apistogramma sp. Napo blue face

- Apistogramma sp. Rocafuerte

- Apistogramma sp. Shally

I do not find them in the DATZ and on Apistogramma Species List
by Species-Groups/Complexes compiled by Mike Wise.

are they classified into groups of species or complex ? and do you know the localities

thank by advance

Nicolas

HaakonH

5 Year Member
These are trade names created by exporters in South America. The often make up new fancy names for species that are already known under different names.

A.sp "Celeste", A.sp."Violet" and A."Napo Blue Face" are unknown to me.

A.sp."Llanero" was imported to Germany last year, and even though I only saw some poor pics this species appear to be close to A.sp."Pebas".

A.sp. "Roca Fuerte" and A.sp."Shally" is a recently introduced species from the border area between Ecuador and Peru, in tributaries of Rio Napo (Rio Yasuni is mentioned, this location together with the location Roca Fuerte is actually in Ecuador). They are the same species, but the ones with red colour in the caudal fin are called A.sp."Shally". It's a nice species, you can see some pics at Tom C.'s website (http://apisto.sites.no/page.aspx?pageid=53).

Haakon

Tom C

5 Year Member
Both A. sp. "Celeste" and A. sp. "Violet" are usually names used for forms of A. cacatuoides. The latter is collected in the Rio Ucayali/Pucallpa-area in Peru.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….