• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

apistogramma sp wilhelm and sp papagallo

apistodave

Staff member
5 Year Member
I will see if I can find the artcle Rolo but I am at a dis-advantage here it is always easier to work from live specimens, we need to look at both fish up close. I have been to a few of the meetings of the German equivalent of the Apisto group ( or I really should say, the Apisto study group is kind of like theirs!) and you should hear the arguments! it is nothing for Wolfgang Staeck and Uwe to go at it for hours, and they are friends! I have heard the two guys you mentioned. We could go on for years quoting different sources and never get anywhere! I thik it takes a while for a concensus to be reached, but eventually it is.

Rolo

5 Year Member
Hi David,

Thank you, that would be really nice. :))
My eMail is [email protected].

Do you mean the AKZ meeting in Dittrichshütte in East Germany? I was there this year. Staeck also was there, but unfortunately Römer was not.

Of course you're right, that quoting different sources could be a neverending story. That's why I want to get more informations. These two species are obviously different, so I even thought, that it couldn't be impossible to figure out, what species is described by Kullander. But I can't say anything about it, without knowing the depiction and the detailed arguments of of both partys.
Obviously Koslowski and Römer are NOT friends ;-) ... but I try to form my own opinion impartial, although I'm in a closer contact to Koslowski/Bohnet than to Römer or Staeck.
But I'm very interested to to submit this problem to a careful examination.

greetings,
Rolo

apistodave

Staff member
5 Year Member
That is the meeting!! What a nice group of arguers. Was Frank the Pike guy from Frankfurt am Mein there? And Windisch! He is the best arguer of all. I am glad to see you keep an open mind, so many gravitate to an absolute position when really it is not even for sure that the sun will come up tomorrow, we are just pretty sure it will cause it did yesterday. The article is on its way, also if I can find some other pertinent material. Also do you have the das Aquaium with the new description of Martini?

Rolo

5 Year Member
Hi David,

Thank you very very much for your mail!
Yes, Frank (I guess you mean Warzel *g*) was there, but I don't know, if Windisch was there.. I haven't got to know him yet.
This year - except Staeck and Koslowksi - there also was a very good slide show from Heiko Bleher.
If you will go there again, tell me ... I would be pleased to meet you there (but I'm surely not a good arguer, because I have to look up every second word in a dictionary *lol*)
I'm not there every year, because it's a long way to go from here. I'm from northern germany .... (don't say, your way is longer!!! I know!!! *g*)
btw: I bought a pair of Ap. rubrolineata there. Nice species! You know them?

I only have a b/w copy of the Ap. martini description from "Das Aquarium" but not the whole journal. Should I scan it for you? *lol*

greetings,
Rolo

Fisherking

5 Year Member
:D :D :D :D At last I got the Wilhelmi eggs to hatch, the female got out with 60 fry.(ph 4,5, kh 2, dh less then 1 and teprature 26C

Rolo

5 Year Member
Hey, Congratulations!!! Well done!
...and good luck to grow them up and to have a good sex ratio ;-)

I haven't got that luck with my wilhelmis again. I had eggs two weeks ago, but again nothing hatched. I don't know why.... :x (water values are like yours)

greetings,
Rolo

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….