• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma sp. fresa

tjnelson44

5 Year Member
Hello everybody. I am planning on getting some wild caught Apistogramma sp. fresa. I have not been able to find much info on them. I was mainly interested in breeding information. Are they difficult to spawn? What is the minimum size tank for a pair? What are the ideal water parameters?
Thanks in advance,
Trevor

mervin

5 Year Member
Hi Trevor,

From my experience Fresa are rather undemanding.
I have spawned them in a 26Litres tank and looks like they are ready to go at it again.

Ph-5.5
Gh- ????
Kh-1

good luck,
mervin

pteroaltum

5 Year Member
What is the maximum size for this species?

I've done some research on it and information vary between 5 cm to >10 cm.

Thank you and I apologize if I've invaded your post.

cootwarm

5 Year Member
I've got 3 pr of wild caught Fresa coming to me next week.

Does anyone know anything of their natural habitat?

- What water type? (blackwater, clearwater, etc.)

- What GH, KH and pH in their natural environment?

Thanks,
Michael

mervin

5 Year Member
pteroaltum said:
What is the maximum size for this species?

I've done some research on it and information vary between 5 cm to >10 cm.

Thank you and I apologize if I've invaded your post.

the biggest one i have is about 7 cm, dpn't know if they will grow any bigger.

apistodave

Staff member
5 Year Member
I have 6 pairs of these and I am afriad I have run into another nemisis fish ---I got jumping and hiding and all kinds of crazy stuff. I did get one spawn :(

tjnelson44

5 Year Member
What were the water parameters when they spawned? I just got a pair two days ago and I haven't been able to find out much about them. Any info would be a great help.
Trevor

cootwarm

5 Year Member
I bought 3 pr of wild caught Fresa a week ago. They are just now getting comfortable and begining to show some traces of color. Do Fresa females have the typical black trim on the ventral fins? Of the 6 that I have, I only see 1 with a hint of dark on it's ventral fins, the others seem to be totally clear.

Does onyone have any Fresa pictures? Mine don't have the colors that I've seen on some photos, but them they are young adult size and still getting comfortable with their new home. I'll be adding a couple dithers, this should help them feel more comfortable.

Trevor,

How is your Fresa doing? So far, so good? What size tank did you end up putting them in?

I currently have 3 pr in a 30 gallon, but I want to select a pair to put in a smaller tank, maybe even a 10 gallon depending on their temperment.

Michael

tjnelson44

5 Year Member
Michael,
My fresa are doing great. I wish I could say the same for the eggs but the female ate them gradually over the span of two days. I have my pair in a 20 long. They are really mellow so I think they would do alright in a 10. My female does have the black trim on the ventrals. Good luck with them.
Trevor

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….