• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma Panduro

D

dids39

Hi everyone, i'm looking foward to breed A. Panduro and i would like to know if anyone of you has experience with theese Apisto and what were the water conditions in wich you've had success.
Thank's

farm41

5 Year Member
Mine spawned in Ph 6, EC <100µS. i used a combination of RO/peat/tap water. Oak leaves area a great addition too.

Neil

dids39,

Matts set-up sounds just about right. I have spawned this species many times and usually have similar parms. However, I have also had good success at a lower pH with softer water and reasonable success at a higher ph and harder water. It is one of those species that can be quite easy to spawn or can give you alot of trouble trying to figure out how to get them to go.
They can be quite aggressive and fairly hard on each other, but I have not found them to be as aggressive as nijsseni. Still, providing ample cover and multiple caves should help your efforts. Once a pair bond is established, they can become quite good together rivaling borellii in their mildness to each other.
Very nice fish. Good luck with them.

Neil

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….