• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma iniridae

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I had a female that would only breed with one particular male - the smallest. Once he died, no more breeding. If it were me I would buy at least 3 of each sex if you can afford it and have space for them all.

The only other tank I have is a 10 gallon with chili rasboras and corydoras habrosus and idk how that would work out with an apisto. Also the guy sells them unsexed so I might not get 3 males and 3 females even if he tried to sex them. Plus they’re $20 each and I can’t rlly afford that rn. 3 is the most I’d be able to get but even then idk what I’d do with a leftover female

MacZ

I may sound like a broken record, but how about you stay patient and in the meantime get your hands wet on a more common and easy species?

Wouldn’t there still be that chance of not getting a successful pair? I’ve already picked an easier common species, apistogramma hongsloi. But I figured I might as well get the iniridae since they’re the same price per fish

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RodsAquatics

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….