• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma elizabethae 'Sao gabriel da cachoeira'

ste12000

5 Year Member
Ive had these for a couple of weeks now.. The females blocked herself into the cave so fingers crossed for a successful spawn. The males show a variation in colour, this males the only one with red cheeks, the other two dont show any red but have more blue.. All are nice fish and i feel lucky to have them.
DSC08376.jpg

DSC08379.jpg

DSC08380.jpg

DSC08382.jpg

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
It is simple to rule out A. uaupesi. A. uaupesi is a member of the iniridae-group (pertensis-lineage). A. elizabethae is a member of the elizabethae-group (agassizii-sublineage of the trifasciata-lineage). The second photo clearly shows the metallic blue 'agassizii(-sublineage) lip spot'. Because the fish has the spot, it cannot be A. uaupesi. Too many people just don't look close enough, but just look at the obvious - e.g. general color. In so many (most) cases, color means nothing.

hapaluku

5 Year Member
A true beautiful A Elisabethea...:).
My all-time favorit Apistogramma.
I have seen pictures of Blue, Yellow and white Elisabethea in the book (Agualog, South-american cichlids 2, page 32-33), but they are rare.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AND

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….