• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma breitbinden- Breeding pair. PU only in North Haven, CT

Richgrenfell

5 Year Member
Aquired these from Chris M a while back. Good parents. Not interested in shippping them. However, if you can make it hassle free by having a fedex or ups account that I can use to send them to you. PM me. Pic is of the actual male. $45. Pick up in North Haven, CT.

breit.jpg

Richgrenfell

5 Year Member
Gotta admit....it does look like what I have. Thanks Mike. Though being that this was a for sale ad. I would have liked a PM first.
So anyway folks. They are a nice fish and a good pair. If anyone is still interested, (which is unlikely) let me know.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Rich, Koslowski first introduced this form in 2004 as "A. sp. Kurzlappen-Breitbinden. At the time he considered it a separate form, but was unwilling to say it was a separate species. The DATZ book (2005) listed it as A166. Messa & Lasso (2011) described it as a new species. Interestingly, they did not describe the typical Breitbinden form for some reason. I don't know if they thought that all the Breitbinden forms were the same species or that they didn't have material other than the Kurzlappen form. The description is available as a pdf. (http://www.humboldt.org.co/publicaciones/uploads/Biota_12(1)_Enero-junio.pdf), but it is only in Spanish.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….