• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma Agassizii with a corydora

snapper

5 Year Member
Guys,

I just setup a 26 bow front with plenty of caves and 3 femaile/1 male. They already started spawning. Will a corydora cause an issue with the breeding? What other problems can come about? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

apistobob

5 Year Member
I never keep cory cats with spawning Apistos as I find that they will often eat the fry. Apisto parents can be incredibly fierce but when a full grown, armor plated Cory finds the fry they will move right in for a good meal. I have witnessed Apistos attacking them full force only to be ignored by the feeding catfish. I am sure that others have had similar and different experiences as we all know that each fish is different. However,the rule in my fish room is no corys with spawning fish.

Bob

snapper

5 Year Member
Thanks for the input

Guys,

Any information on what to do or don't do when the Apistogramma Agassizii's lay their eggs? I am fairly new to this and your expertise is appreciated.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
The best thing to do is make sure the male is safe from possible attacks by the female and have live foods for the fry when needed. Powder/frozen food will work, but not nearly as well as live foods. Otherwise, relax and let the female take care of the fry.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gosia

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….