• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apisto. cacatuoides "lemon double red"

S

Scarlet

Well I do not think they are "lemon double red" as sold to us as, but rather "double red". Right now they are tiny, a M/F pair, and they have yellow bodies with red/orange fins. Sorry no pics as of yet, but hopefully tonight. :wink: I was wondering if anyone had any info on these guys, or what I may have? Any suggestions in keeping them, etc... These are my first apisto's, so I am very excited! :D

I am keeping them in my 75g community tank housing: M/F Blue Rams, 1 green tefe discus, pair of killifish (trying to identify), otto's, 4 yo-yo loaches, 2 farlowella's, 4 leopard cory's, 3 columbian red & blue tetra's, 5 rummy nose tetra's, and some amano shrimp. The reason I mention this is in case something should be removed and so on. :wink:

Sorry for the long post but I want to do this right! :D

S

Scarlet

Nope, not yet at least. They are so tiny I think I need to wait to properly identify them. I believe them to be the "double red", but as of now the body of the male is a yellow or tinted yellow, and orange/red fins. The female has less fin coloring. They are maybe an inch long, maybe. :?

WILL POST PIC SOON :wink:

hot

5 Year Member
Caca yellow gold?

Hi scarlet, from the sounds of it you might have a yellow gold Caca. Ive got a pic but don't know how to attach it to help you id it.

hot

5 Year Member
Caca yellow gold?

Hi scarlet, from the sounds of it you might have a yellow gold Caca. Ive got a pic but don't know how to attach it to help you id it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….