• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apisto. bitaeniata

2la

5 Year Member
Soft, acidic to slightly acidic (pH 5.0 to 7.0), low nitrates. If these are wild-caught fish, I would STRONGLY recommend treatment with an antiparasitic medication such as Discomed by Aquatronics--I lost the beautiful fish below (you may have seen these pics before...) due to internal parasites after a few months.

16911325.jpg

16911328.jpg

apistodave

Staff member
5 Year Member
I have a couple of these and there is something here I dont understand! The pic is of a really nice male--but---where are the dorsal lappets?

2la

5 Year Member
This particular fish was the largest of the store's shipment and was just coming into its own before it died. It was the most colorful of them, however. I did have a very young specimen that was developing impressive lappets, but it, too, eventually died of the same malady. Are you suggesting my fish was a different species or just wanted to point out that it was less than show-quality? It also has a crook in the upper caudal fin rays if you want to point out more defects.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RodsAquatics

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….