• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ap. Diplotaenia

EnyaW

Mummy

2qwohlu.jpg

Daddy

ort3dz.jpg

And their babies !!

15yarkj.jpg

25ujoes.jpg

a9xzmf.jpg

Tom C

5 Year Member
Nice! An interesting and not very common species...
I would appreciate if you would share some of your water parameters with us. (Temp, pH and TDS or conductivity)

EnyaW

Nice! An interesting and not very common species...
I would appreciate if you would share some of your water parameters with us. (Temp, pH and TDS or conductivity)

I would love to share but i dont really measure all this parameter. Temp should be around 27 to 29 degree. Ph should be 5 according to my API test kit. TDS and conductivity i dont have the equipments to test. Am using ADA africana soil for the tank.

Tom C

5 Year Member
...Temp should be around 27 to 29 degree. Ph should be 5 according to my API test kit. TDS and conductivity i dont have the equipments to test. Am using ADA africana soil for the tank.
Thank you!
I bred this species 12 years ago, in pH 4,2, peat-filtered very soft blackwater. Now I have a pair again, and wondered if you had bred them in (very) different water. Your temperature is higher than I had ( 25-26 degrees C), it would be interesting to know (later on) if you'll get high numbers of males.

P.S.
*Whispering so low that only EnyaW can hear it*:
The INTERNATIONAL CODE OF ZOOLOGICAL NOMENCLATURE (ICZN), "Article 5. Principle of Binominal Nomenclature.
5.1. Names of species. The scientific name of a species, and not of a taxon of any other rank, is a combination of two names (a binomen), the first being the generic name and the second being the specific name. The generic name must begin with an upper-case letter and the specific name must begin with a lower-case letter" (highlights made by me)
Thus: Apistogramma diplotaenia, Apistogramma eremnopyge .....

EnyaW

Thank you!
I bred this species 12 years ago, in pH 4,2, peat-filtered very soft blackwater. Now I have a pair again, and wondered if you had bred them in (very) different water. Your temperature is higher than I had ( 25-26 degrees C), it would be interesting to know (later on) if you'll get high numbers of males.

P.S.
*Whispering so low that only EnyaW can hear it*:
The INTERNATIONAL CODE OF ZOOLOGICAL NOMENCLATURE (ICZN), "Article 5. Principle of Binominal Nomenclature.
5.1. Names of species. The scientific name of a species, and not of a taxon of any other rank, is a combination of two names (a binomen), the first being the generic name and the second being the specific name. The generic name must begin with an upper-case letter and the specific name must begin with a lower-case letter" (highlights made by me)
Thus: Apistogramma diplotaenia, Apistogramma eremnopyge .....

Noted. As for the male part, i will update again. They are just 2weeks old as of today. :)

skoram

congratulations! I have read that these are a fairly difficult species to breed. just out of curiosity, do you use RO/DI or rain water? that may at least give some indication of the conductivity, depending on where you live.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pupps

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….