• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Any recommendations ?

AquaAlbatros

5 Year Member
I'm looking for a good ornamental fish disease book, my literature is too old (almost 30 years), just wanting to know if they are any new books.
Thank's, Juan.-

fishgeek

i cant find much that i rate very highly
the one i intially used mot was probably
the BSAVA manual of ornamental fish 2nd edition

should be able to order through the british small animal veterinary associatin

otherwise i have older books aswell, untegasser, stoskopf

just did a quick search and 136-169$ was the price coming up!!!!

57£ to me in the uk - expensive

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I'm sure that you are looking for something a little less intense. Barrons publishes a good basic paperback that is fairly up-to-date - and it won't cost an arm & a leg. The author is a hobbyist & microbiologist, for whatever that's worth.

fishgeek

mike the bsava manuals are usually pretty basic , being as i knew nothing about fish medicine as a fully qualified to treat them vet , let alone fish anatomy , i liked the basic , easy to read format

i think anyone interested could gain a lot from this book
the price is stupid though - there charging enough to make me think it is/should be the only book i need to know every detail on fish medicine

personally the web has just as much decent info for free

just my 2 cents
untegassers book, nice flow charts for diagnosis and then treatment tables , not much understanding provided just name and treatment suggestions, older book too

stoskopf - doesnt do much for me

tjnelson44

5 Year Member
My personal favorite book and the one I use most often at work is Fish Disease Diagnosis and Treatment by Edward J. Noga. I'm told that it is pricey but I am not sure how much.

blueblue

5 Year Member
i would recommend the following book by Bassleer.
It is good because it has full colorful photos showing the
symptoms of various diseases. Despite some weird claims
(my personal thought) in places, the book is a good reference.
The price on Amazon.com is US$76.99....

The New Illustrated Guide to Fish Diseases (Hardcover)
by Gerald Bassleer

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/im...68618-9028642?_encoding=UTF8&n=507846&s=books

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...103-0968618-9028642?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….