• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Any Info or pic

kribs

5 Year Member
Last week i got some Pelvicachromis humilis Liberian Reds and also some Pelvicachromis humilis Kesewe. But the Kesewe dont look like the ones in the pics they look more like the Pelvicachromis humilis Kilisse.I would like to know info on these or if anyone has any pics.

Randall

5 Year Member
Pelvicachromis humilis

Dear Mohammed,

If you go to the apistogramma.com main page and click on "The Gallery" under the "Main Menu" heading, we have photos of Pelvicachromis humilis "Kasewe" and Pv. humilis "Liberia-Red" posted on the site.

Members of the Pelvicachromis humilis-group tend to be larger and more aggessive than congeners. Larger aquaria are recommended.

Good luck with your new acquisitions.

All the best,

Randall Kohn

kribs

5 Year Member
I did. but the kesewe i got dont look like the ones in the pic. THey look like Pelvicachromis humilis Kilisse. Are kilisse and kesewe same. Or is is the like the taniatus morphs.

Randall

5 Year Member
Pelvicachromis humilus

Dear Mohammed,

I'm not familiar with a western African place name nor river called "Kilisse." From the spelling, it looks Turkish. The Pelvicachromis humilus names with which I'm familiar are Kasewe, Kenema, Dikinyah and Bandi.

If you tell me from whom you bought your fish, I'll try to find out what they are.

Sorry.

Randall Kohn

kribs

5 Year Member
Hello Randall
I got the name from an aqualog book. And the pics looks exaclty the same as the ones i got. I got the fish from laif demason and they came in as Kesewe.Here is exactly what the fish look like.

MALE
33%3A3473523232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E2327%3D%3A49%3D%3A95%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3B%3A%3B6675%3Bot1lsi

FEMALE
33%3A3473523232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2327%3D%3A49%3D%3A95%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3B%3A%3B66762ot1lsi
[/url]

Randall

5 Year Member
Pelvicachromis signatus

Dear Mohammed,

These photos depict newly described Pelvicachromis signatus Lamboj 2004. Please note the dark markings on the male's dorsal fin and the red distal margin on both the dorsal fin and the upper lobe of the caudal fin. The female exhibits a dark blotch on the base of the caudal fin. These characteristics are consistent with P. signatus.

http://www.apistogramma.com/cms/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=502&Itemid=88

Good luck with them!

All the best,

Randall Kohn

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sgraves23

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….