• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Another ID pleases

Boupette

5 Year Member
Was suppose to import some agassizii but I don't think it is. I know it's not very clear, but can you ID him?

10734098_903168846390122_5736718240709977236_n.jpg

Boupette

5 Year Member
After search and reflexion, yes it coud be Frank. ;) I will try to get more pics. But the 2 lines seems to be clear for me.

Last edited:

Frank Hättich

5 Year Member
if it's not A. cacatuoides, it's something very, very similar, maybe some A. cf. cacatuoides. But surely not A. bitaeniata.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
After search and reflexion, yes it coud be Frank. ;) I will try to get more pics. But the 2 lines seems to be clear for me.

Strange, I see 3 abdominal stripes. Thick lips and relatively short dorsal/anal fin tips all point to a cacatuoides-group species. I, too, agree. Better photos would be helpful.

Rolo

5 Year Member
Hi,

I would agree Frank and Mike. This is A. cacatuoides.

No chance for A. biaeniata or something like that...

regards,
Rolo

Boupette

5 Year Member
I cannot have any other pic. This fish was part of a group-buy among many others SA, supposed to be a agassizii! So sad we don't have many good links for wild shipping in Canada. Is there anybody honest you know here who can ship in Québec Canada?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….